Did you know that during the Nijmegen 4daagse these two were waking for the Ugu Kidz Foundation. They both sucessfully completed all four days of marching.
We are very proud and grateful for this!💐🌻👣
Kerstpakketten AWI en UGU Kidz
23 employees of AWI (Altering the World of Insurance) have donated their Christmas package to Ugu Kidz. The donation was handed over by Hester van Wezep (Financial Controller | AWI) to Louise van der Waart, board member Ugu Kidz. We would like to thank AWI and all employees who participated in the donation campaign again.
Jan van der Waart
22 juli 1967 - 4 februari 2019
Died after a short illness
Jan van der Waart.
Jan was the ‘founding father’ of the Mark Adamsson Center. He devoted himself with heart and soul to realize the new center for the children with a disability in the Gamalakhe township. He ensured that 100 percent of the donations were spent on the children.
We will miss his enthusiasm, drive and enormous commitment.
A lively center
In the heart of Gamalakhe
The center is in full use four years later. The "Othandweni daycare center" is now a well-functioning childcare center. A lot of attention is paid to physiotherapy and music therapy for the children. Employees are also trained in this under the guidance of a professional therapist. The children are making great progress.
Opening Othandweni daycare centre
The Center is dedicated to Mark Adams
Grand opening of the building. Nomusa Mqwebu (mayor) and Sibongele Biyela (founder) perform the opening. Together with the local community, it was an exuberant party.
All goals have been reached:
- New building is completed
- A local NGO, the Endleleni (NGO) foundation, oversees the daily activites; they coach and train the management of the center.
- The local hospital and physiotherapy provide support
We get it done! The plan becomes reality:
- Building plot in the Gamalakhe township next to the local nursery and high school
- A budget for 3 buildings: Daycare for 15 children + sleeping facilities for 8 children
- Many Sponsors: International & Local
- Support within the community;
- Built by local companies.
Establishment of the Foundation: UGU KIDZ
The foundation is established with 3 goals :
- Delivery of the new building
- Provide a safe environment for children
- Provide individual medical care to children
The foundation has ANBI status and is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number KVK 60403861.
Why these Children?
Children with a disability are extra vulnerable:
- Often being left to fend for themselves
- No father figure present
- Living in extreme poverty
- Suffering from both physical & sexual abuse / HIV
Idea becomes plan
The idea from Jan and Louise van der Waart grows into a plan:
Give children with a mental and / or physical disability a second chance in the Gamalakhe township.
Create an environment in which the children can stay and develop as optimally as possible.
The idea from Jan & Louise van der Waart
Jan van der Waart worked at Solera. He and his wife Louise have an idea: a new center for children with disabilities in Gamalakhe, South Africa. Offering the current "Othandweni Daycare Center" a second chance.